October 12th, 2023
PGAFF Q7 ReportDuring October to December 2018, EV sales in central Ohio surpassed two percent, beating Smart Columbus’ life of project goal of 1.8 percent. Also, Columbus was named a winning city in the Bloomberg American Cities Climate Challenge, a two-year acceleration program to help meet near-term carbon reduction goals.
Other significant highlights from this quarter include:
- Smart Cities Dive named Columbus its City of the Year citing our progress in electrification goals.
- Nearly 2,500 people rode the Smart Circuit, Ohio’s first self-driving shuttle that was launched in December.
- The Smart Columbus team completed 59 Ride & Drive Roadshow events with 6,837 test drives and a 13.6 percent dealer referral rate.
- Round Two of the Transportation Service Provider rebate program was released. Eighty Uber and Lyft drivers attended a Ride & Drive event to promote the program.
- Launched the EV consumer education campaign across TV, streaming TV apps, digital, social media and Waze.
- Publicly launched the Smart Columbus Playbook.
- 238 articles were published by media outlets about Smart Columbus in Q7.
Read more about programs and initiatives in Q7 in the report available below.
Sign up here to stay up-to-date on the latest from Smart Columbus.